I love eating beef/chicken/pork bulgogi in Korean restaurant. One day, when I really didn’t know what to cook and was feeling bored with all my usual cooking, it happened that I watched The Return OF Superman (Korean reality show with 7 super cute children involved) and in this particular episode, I saw the families were eating beef bulgogi in a Korean Restaurant. It looked so good that I searched for the recipe immediately. It would bee good if I could make the dish myself since this dish was not cheap at all.
After I read so many recipes, I chose the one that used all the common ingredients that I had in my kitchen. This recipe might not be so authentic, but if you will not be cooking Korean dish very often, that this recipe is still considered very good and worth to try.
- 300 gr chicken fillet, cut in thin long slice
- 5 carrots, grated or julienne
- 150 gr enoki mushrooms, cut in 3 parts
- Onion stalk, grated or cut in thin slices
- 1/3 cup kikkoman sauce sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 5 cloves of garlic, crush and mince
- 1 large onion, cut into slivers. I cut into small pieces so my son couldn’t see them so he would eat them willingly. It turned out he liked the onions, so next time I will cut in long thin slices
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and water. Whisk until all the sugar dissolve properly into the water
- Add garlic and onion slices into the bowl
- All all the chicken meat first and mix thoroughly
- Add the remaining vegetable and mix again
- Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours (I kept overnight)
- After 4 hours or more, remove the meat from the marinade
- Add olive olive oil into the bottom of a grill pan (I used happy call pan)
- Lay the chicken and vegetable on top of the pan (make sure you don’t put them in layers), fry until it is cooked (very fast cooking process, less than 5 minutes). Drizzle with sesame seed if you like
- Serve hot with leaves wrap and hot steam rice
I gave five stars for this recipe. Totally good!!! I had some leftover for breakfast, and daddy said he didn’t want to share with the lil boy, hahaha……………but I made them shared because I was too lazy to cook other thing for breakfast. I took the original recipe based on this website and did some modification. I used chicken instead of beef and put many vegetables inside. I love love love this recipe because it was a very easy one pot dish that already included meat and vegetables at the same time.
And what I did with the remaining marinade sauce? First, I boiled some and just ate it with hot steam rice. The remaining sauce I used to stir fry vegetables which daddy said sooooo yummy…………..