When the lil one and I went to a friend’s house, my friend served this for lunch and it was so addictive………..for me at least who is a big fan of shrimps. So I tried to make this at home for lunch. I do not make this very often because shrimp, frying process, and mayonnaise are actually not good combination of healthy food (say hi to high cholesterol level after you eat this………..), but it was holiday so let’s just make something special. One big salad bowl topped with homemade croutons accompanied our lunch.
When I made this, I didn’t mix the mayonnaise on the plate because the lil one doesn’t like mayonnaise, so he just ate the fried prawn.
Fried Shrimp with Mayonnaise Recipe
- 12 peeled and deveined large shrimp, marinate with a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of blended garlic
- 2 tbsp bread crumb (or more)
- 1 tbsp of all purpose flour, mix with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of blended garlic and 25 ml of water (the amount of water depends on how much flour is used)
- Dredge shrimp in flour mixture
- Dredge shrimp in breadcrumbs, shake off excess breading
- Deep fry the shrimp
- Mix shrimp with mayonnaise