A month ago, I would never had thought that this soft and fluffy bread would come out from my bread machine. Now thanks to the internet which provides hundreds or even thousands of recipes, I can do some experiments with my bread maker to make wonderful and tasty bread which everybody likes.
I like the smell of vanilla. My boy is also a big fan of vanilla too. Besides cheese crazy, he is also a vanilla crazy. His favorite ice cream is vanilla ice cream, and he also likes any bread or cakes with vanilla topping or filling. So I thought of making a vanilla bread for my next experiment. It was quite difficult to find a nice and easy vanilla bread recipe, so I decided to combine the sweet bread with vanilla bread recipe.
The bread turned out very nice, very soft, delicious, and with a fragrant smell of vanilla all over the house. I made this 3 hours before lil boy came from school, so the bread was finished few minutes before he came home. After he came home, as usual he changed his clothes and went to the bathroom, but suddenly he ran into the room where I made my bread (not my kitchen) and looked into the bread machine.
Me: Hey, I’m making vanilla bread
R: I know, I can smell it from the other room. Hmmm………..
I made 2 lf, and when it first came out from my bread machine I thought: ” It’s so huge, who will finish this bread?” After few hours, I only have one slice left in my bread storage. We ate the bread without additional toppings, since it was already good just the way it is. In my house, bread is just for snacking. So everybody had this after or before dinner or lunch.
And one more thing, I finally bought this wonderful bread knife in IKEA for $25 (usual price is $30, but I had $5 voucher). It was very easy to cut the bread in nice shapes.
And this is how I made this bread, very easy with the bread machine did all the work for me.
Put all the ingredients into the bread machine (according to the order below):
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 3 1/3 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (on top of the flour in one corner)
- 1 tsp salt (on top of the flour in another corner)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (on top of the flour in another corner). Or 2 tsp of vanilla essence (put in the bread machine before the flour)
- 2 tsp instant yeast (make a small hole in the middle of the flour)
- Set setting: sweet bake, light crust, 2 loafs
- After the process is finished, let the bread stay in the bread pan for 5 to 10 minutes
- Take out the bread from the bread pan
- Let it cool for at least 1 hour
- Slice and enjoy